1. The following rules are applicable to all competitions, promotions, games, votes, offers or other similar commercial offering (referred to hereinafter as ‘Competition’) conducted by or on behalf of Presshouse Limited t/a Merchants Quay Shopping Centre (hereinafter referred to as the Centre.)
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as may be amended from time to time and by any Specific Instructions as may be added from time to time.
3. Entrants are limited to one entry per person and anyone submitting multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. These rules will be deemed to apply to each and every Competition except when Specific Instruction/s relating to a specific competition provide otherwise and in which case the Specific Instructions shall take precedence.
5. These Terms and Conditions shall be displayed on line on the Centre’s website www.mqsc.ie and it is the responsibility of the Entrant/s to keep themselves informed of the Terms and Conditions and any updates to the Terms and Conditions and any Specific Instructions and the Entrant/s acknowledge and agree that any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions and any Specific Instructions could lead to them being disqualified from the Competition without reason/s being given and/or opportunity to challenge/appeal the decision.
6. The Judges shall be, unless provided otherwise in the Terms and Conditions and/or the Specific Instructions, the Manager for the time being of The Merchants Quay Shopping Centre and/or his nominated representative/s
7. To enter a competition entrants must be 18 years or over at the time of entry and be resident in the Republic of Ireland. Employees and individuals connected with The Merchants Quay Shopping Centre, Presshouse Limited and Aramark Property Limited and its subsidiaries and any company involved in the Competition, their agents and members of their immediate family will not be eligible to enter. The judge’s decision will be final in all matters of eligibility.
8. The methods used to notify a winning entrant will be email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or by placing the winner’s details on the Centre Facebook Page. If any winner of a competition does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification or is unable to take up the prize for any reason or if the Centre, after making reasonable efforts, has not been able to make contact with the winner, the Centre reserves the right to select another replacement winner (without notifying the first winner chosen) and to award the prize to the new winner. If an alternative winner is selected the first winner chosen shall forfeit the prize and not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever and/or an alternative prize and or any other form of compensation.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
11. The promoter will notify the Winner when and where the prize can be collected and it is the Winner/s responsibility to make the necessary arrangements to collect the prize. The Centre will not deliver or make arrangements for the delivery of the prize to any other location other than Merchants Quay Shopping Centre.
12. The Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. The Centre’s decision in relation to the selection of prize winner/s is final. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the responsibility of the winner.
15. Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, the Centre accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply of the prize and it is the third parties responsibility to provide the prize.
16. The Judges reserve the right to declare void any Competition should they consider that there are no entries reaching the required standard as set by the judges.
17. The Judges shall have the right, at their discretion, to change the rules of a Competition while it is running if it appears to them that it would be equitable or appropriate to do so, including the extension of the closing date and any changes will be an announced on the Centre Facebook Page.
18. Proof of submission or of posting of an entry will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries whether sent electronically via email, a multimedia website or land post or by any other means.
19. The Centre will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the Competition being fulfilled and/or a winner or winners being chosen and/or any prize being taken up and/or fully enjoyed by a winner. The Centre excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry into a Competition and/or the award and/or non award to them of a prize. In the event of any error, whether printing, technological or otherwise, which affects the Competition in any way, the Judges reserve the right to administer the Competition as though the error had not occurred.
20. If for any reason there are more winners than prizes and in order to determine an outright winner or winners in a competition, the Judges reserve the right to conduct a draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
21. No purchase is necessary for entry, except in competitions of skill or where competition instructions clearly specify otherwise.
22. When competition entry is by means of a mobile text message, your mobile number will be added to the Centre mobile number database which is used exclusively by Merchants Quay Shopping Centre and your details will never be shared with any third parties. By providing your mobile number you agree and consent to the Centre texting you information relating to offers, competitions and events etc associated to the Centre and the Tenants of the Centre. You can unsubscribe from this database at any time by following the instructions on the text you have received from the Centre.
23. Competitions organised by Merchants Quay Shopping Centre and promoted on the Merchants Quay Shopping Centre Facebook Page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook
Updated February 2020